I get weekly updates from http://www.babycenter.ca Yesterday I was told that I may start feeling Braxton Hicks contractions which :
- are infrequent, usually happening no more than once or twice an hour, a few times a day
- often stop if you change activity, so, walk around if you’ve been sitting, and vice versa
- are usually irregular, and if they are regular they only stay that way for a short spell
- do not last long, usually less than a minute
- continue to be unpredictable and non-rhythmic
- do not increase in intensity
I read another site that said Braxton Hicks are painless, of course, it was written by a man! They are not painless, they are not excruciating, but you do feel them and I thought that they were slightly painful last night! I guess a nice introduction to what lies ahead.